FTSE 100 CEO (£5.48m/year)
Since 1 January 2017 the average FTSE 100 CEO has earned:
How does your pay compare?
Enter your annual income here:
Or choose one of these options:
- Average UK worker: £28,200
- Worker on minimum wage: £14,976 (£7.20/hour, 40-hour week)
- Worker on living wage: £17,160 (£8.45/hour, 40-hour week)
- Nurse: £24,799
- Teacher: £27,105
- Skilled construction worker: £25,242
- Office administrator: £17,960
- Factory worker: £21,453
- Science/technology professional: £38,349
Income inequality in the UK
Wealth inequality in the UK
- Fat Cat Wednesday 2017
Welcome back to work. FTSE100 bosses will have already clocked up an average annual UK salary by lunchtime today.
- Text of Simon Walker Bob Gavron Memorial Lecture 28.11.2016
Here is the full text of the speech given by Simon Walker at the IoD for the inaugural Bob Gavron Memorial Lecture
- Meet the new boss, same as the old boss?
Backing off from a commitment when the going gets tough makes you more of a David Brent than a Maggie T