FTSE 100 CEO (£5.48m/year)
Since 1 January 2017 the average FTSE 100 CEO has earned:
How does your pay compare?
Enter your annual income here:
Or choose one of these options:
- Average UK worker: £28,200
- Worker on minimum wage: £14,976 (£7.20/hour, 40-hour week)
- Worker on living wage: £17,160 (£8.45/hour, 40-hour week)
- Nurse: £24,799
- Teacher: £27,105
- Skilled construction worker: £25,242
- Office administrator: £17,960
- Factory worker: £21,453
- Science/technology professional: £38,349
Income inequality in the UK
Wealth inequality in the UK
- Back to school - September update
It has been an interesting summer...
- Getting the story straight: university chairs’ attempts to deal with Adonis probe in public domain
As the pressure mounts on universities to explain excessive vice-chancellor salaries, the Committee of University Chairs' (CUC) response has been revealed. The text of a recent email is published here.
- Lord Adonis probes university governors on their approach to top pay
Andrew (Lord) Adonis is keeping the pressure up on the universities sector as he questions some excessive vice-chancellor and other top salaries. Here is the text of a letter he has just sent out.