FTSE 100 CEO (£3.9m/year)
Since 1 January 2019 the average FTSE 100 CEO has earned:
How does your pay compare?
Enter your annual income here:
Or choose one of these options:
- Average UK worker: £28,200
- Worker on minimum wage: £14,976 (£7.20/hour, 40-hour week)
- Worker on living wage: £17,160 (£8.45/hour, 40-hour week)
- Nurse: £24,799
- Teacher: £27,105
- Skilled construction worker: £25,242
- Office administrator: £17,960
- Factory worker: £21,453
- Science/technology professional: £38,349
Income inequality in the UK
Wealth inequality in the UK
- Blog: Is the Thomas Cook boss right to defend his high pay?
Is Peter Fankhauser, boss of now-collapsed Thomas Cook, right to defend his high pay and bonuses?
- What next on top pay? Reflections on recent trends in executive pay
Against the backdrop of a fall in CEO pay, our expert panel discussed the implications
- Blog: Should the tapered annual allowance for tax on pensions be abolished?
Should the tapered annual allowance for tax on pensions be abolished?