What next on top pay? Reflections on recent trends in executive pay
Wednesday 18 September 2019
House of Commons Room A
1 Parliament Street
London SW1A 0AA
Executive pay levels continue to be a source of major controversy and a priority concern for policymakers. In the past year we have seen changes to the corporate governance code; the deadline for reporting of gender pay differentials and the confirmation of proposals to require the reporting of CEO/worker pay ratios.
But what impact are these reforms and the broader debate about pay, inequality and fairness in society having? Are further policy interventions are needed to ensure fairer more proportionate pay practices across our leading companies? Or have boards and investors now got the message?
This event will discuss the findings of the annual High Pay Centre/CIPD survey on top pay across the FTSE 100, identifying trends, analysing their causes and debating the future state of pay. It will also examine the wider developments in corporate governance and investor stewardship and asking how policymakers and other stakeholders should respond.
High Pay Centre Speakers:
• Siobhain McDonagh MP
• Deborah Gilshan – Founder, the 100% Club
• Janet Williamson - Senior Policy Officer, Corporate Governance, Trades Union Congress
• Ashley Walsh - Head of Policy and Research, High Pay Centre
• Luke Hildyard – Director, High Pay Centre (Chair)
Click HERE to attend
Since 1 January 2020 the average FTSE 100 CEO has earned:
Income inequality in the UK
Wealth inequality in the UK
- High Pay Day 2020: Scope for fairer pay and lower inequality remains considerable
Pay for the typical FTSE 100 CEO in 2020 has already surpassed the amount the average UK worker earns in an entire year. We can do much more to achieve a better balance between those at the top and everybody else
- Work for HPC - applications for a Researcher now open!
We're recruiting! Find out how to apply here
- High Pay Centre briefing: regional economies across the EU
The UK's poorest regions are falling behind the rest of Europe